Friday, January 26, 2018

I've been playing...

... and so has blogger. Agh this is not how I wanted these photos but here goes. A couple of Fridays ago I was "gifted" this pattern , Tiny Treasures by Anni Downs. Loved it so much I quickly made one out of scraps and I just love it.

Then of course when you love it so much what do you do? Make another one of course.Both made out of scraps and I have enough for a backing and the wadding to quilt the blue one so... A friend of DS 1 is going to be  a dad for the third time in March and I have given the other two a quilt so one of these will go to baby no 3. Don't love the pinky one as much as the blue one but I just love blue so what can I say. It still hasn't made a dent in the scraps though!

 Last Friday I started Razz a dazzle by Helen Stubbings. It's a block of the month so this is block one. I am using my own fabrics ( gotta get through that stash somehow) and I am very happy with this months choice. Enjoying this so far.
As I said I've been playing...with the Westerlee rulers.  This was a kit given to me three years ago and has been languishing in the cupboard waiting to be quilted for about that long. Always late to get on the bandwagon , I decided that as I had money for Christmas I could buy the foot and rulers and maybe quilt some of my quilts. Pretty happy with the result and I think with a lot of practise I could manage small quilts.

Close up of one of the blocks...it's a bit hard to see but it is a full wreath, and I think I may end up putting a button in each centre as I didn't quite get it right. Still this is now ready for the binding and I can say DONE!
Hope everyone is keeping cool this Australia Day.

5 comments:

  1. Hi my lovely friend,i love all your beautiful work ,your colours in Raz a dazzle is awesome ,love it,and boy those quilts are gorgeous and boy you whipped them up so fast,well done Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liz!
    Loving those baby quilts...just need to see which you will need to finish first.
    You know I’m a blue girl too but I like them both.
    Lovely new bom and fantastic quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Liz...love the Razz a dazzle....so pretty. Looks like you are making good use of your new tools xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work there Liz... have fun with those rulers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whirlygig looks great Liz... and such good work on the panel quilt too, well done!

    กำถั่ว

    ReplyDelete