Tuesday, September 12, 2017

and September rolls around

September Perpetually hexie... It's a lot brighter in real life but this is a happy Spring block and I am very happy with it.

Rosette 8 of the millefiore. Hmmmm, as I am just using scraps it's a case of whatever comes to mind. Some of the fabrics in this come from DS2's quilt so that has  memories which is what I am loving about this quilt. DS2 was very involved in the making of his quilt, even asking what colour I was going to use for the cornerstones! Top marks for listening to me.

I have one more rosette like this and then 6 more much smaller ones( maybe 5 or 3 hexies) which fill in the gaps so it's getting there.Have to get it done as Katja is launching a new one in Houston for next year and you just never know.

Hopefully will link with Anthea at Hibiscus Stitching

7 comments:

  1. Hi Liz lovely work my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Liz... there's so much stitching in these blocks... well done, it's coming along so well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue and yellow is a favourite combo for me - your block looks great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work you clever girl.....amazing blocks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful EPP. I so admire you making the Millifiore quilt. I drool over the book but don't have the patience to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, you are doing really well getting thru the blocks.

    ReplyDelete