Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bitten by the bug again

I have started Michelle Ridgway's " Chocolate and Cherries " quilt and this is the progress so far. I have another 4 small hexies to do plus the corner ones and 8 of the big ones. Not at all like Michelle's colourway but I am loving the way they are all turning out. The bottom one with letters on (next to the stars) is a bit of whimsy as I am giving this to my neighbour's daughter when she gets married in December.. her initials just happen to be CD.

Here are a couple of the fussy cut ones.... don't do too many as I am trying to use scraps and sometimes there is just enough fabric for 6 hexies. These ones are 3/4" and I so love this size.

Finally got the kites sewn on this one and February's Perpetually hexie bites the dust.  This is Katja Marek's pattern using the perpetual calendar.
I am going to link up with Anthea at Hibiscus stitching as once again I have been bitten by the EPP bug. Also been bitten by that awful cold bug as well so gentle stitching and an early night for me .

9 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,wow love those hexies,its going to look fantastic and boy the kite block is sensational ,well done my friend,you have been very busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just had to come by and check out your blog after you making the visit to mine and mentioning how much you like hexies lol .......love the work you are doing, and stash busting, just like I'm doing for my hexie table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very chuffed you are stitching C&C. It will be neat to see your colourway done....amazing last block x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of hexies and your kites is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do the 2 different size Hexies get put together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kite block...and your hexies look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love seeing pretty hexies
    Some lovely fussy cutting there too!
    The work in your feb big Hexie is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you've got the bug back! Beautiful work, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete