Sunday, March 8, 2015

AHHH ahhhh ahhhh....

... remember these stack(101 in total) AHHHH's well I spent about two days cutting and sewing...

..these triangles to add onto the AHHHH's to make diamonds...

... here are just a few diamonds. I still have 30 to go before I can start sewing the big 6" diamonds  and putting it together. 

This is what will go in between. I have a feeling that I don't have enough of that fabric so may have to do a couple of rows in a different colour. I was inspired to put this together after seeing Tonya from Hillbilly Handiworks put her together like this. It will be my Allianz quilt(think of the ad for insurance!)

After this is put together I am going to join in with Kilmore's latest challenge. Yes I have succumbed. I saw Lillabelle Lanes La Passacaglia quilt and really wanted to do it but chickened out. 6 months down the track, I have the Millefiore book and a starter pack of the papers so La Passacaglia with Mr Penrose here I come. Well starting in July if I can hold out that long.
For those in Australia have a good long weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited that these wonderful aahhs are coming together into a top.
    You know how much I love them.
    very nice batik for the in between blocks.
    can you really wait till July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo... so much work going on & it's just beautiful!
    I'm not quite making an association with your quilt here, & Allianz ad? Enlighten me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhhh ALLIANZ. It's an Insurance company here in Australia and has the most annoying tv commercials..

    Fantastic work.

    What is Kilmore up to.
    The La Passacaglia quilt. I have seen Sharon's quilt in progress. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Liz!! This Ahhhh quilt is going to be fantastic!! Do you have a link to the Passacaglia quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you, your Allianz quilt will be fabulous, looking forward to seeing it come together...I have no intention at all of joining in the new KQ challenge, have fun and I will cheer you on from the sidelines....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete