Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A finish and retail therapy

Last year I embarked on Michelle from Raspberry rabbits BOM called " 12 of Hearts" This is my version... I wanted to make it bigger so I did 4 of the hearts instead of just one. I have quilted this myself ( not so well but)and it will be going to a friend who despite woes of her own has been very supportive in the past 8 months.

Last week I ,along with Rosalie and Nancy ,went to Jeff's shed for the quilt show. Here are some of my purchases... I happen to have a thing about scissors, always lose them, so bought some more, some fabric, a Christmas ornament to make ( for friends )and some lace butterflies that will go on my hexie quilt near Christopher's hexies.I also bought some vliesefix and freezer paper, a 3/4" template and some sweet  notepads that I have no idea where I putso they didn't get into the photo. Retail therapy aside, the quilts on display were magnificent and I sometimes wonder why I continue, but if I am happy with them that's all that counts so while I am happy sewing I will.

Here is Rosalie and yours truly with Michelle Ridgeway up at the Patchwork Teahouse.. just to show I did also take a camera like everyone else. Wonderful day all round.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Liz - Your quilt is gorgeous!!! I love that you did 4 of each motif - it really made the quilt special and Shell will be really impressed!! And how fun that you are giving it to a friend!! So wonderful to see a picture of you!! You look so Australian!! LOL!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete