Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure


A couple of weeks ago DH showed me a bird's nest that was tucked away on the fence behind some lattice plastic. We peered in and there were 3 tiny blue speckled eggs. The next day there were 4. A couple of days ago mum had flown off so I thought I'd look in and check the eggs. Dumb me saw some black fluff and thought "Oh no the eggs have gone mouldy" then I looked a bit closer. There were 3 chicks nestled top to toe in the nest. This is nota very good photo as I'm a bit too short to get above the nest but you can just see the chicks. I think the 4th egg failed to hatch. You can just see the egg under one of the babies.

4 comments:

  1. Oh How precious Liz. Nature is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet.. wonderful to be able to watch the new babies....
    I did laugh at your thoughts of mouldy eggs!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Liz. Thank you so much for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Liz,

    Oh so precious.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete