Thursday, September 8, 2011


This little Black Bear was brought home to me by my Daughter after a trip to Canada, I had to open the can to let him out, I thought he could join Teresa's Canadian Bear on the picnic to make him feel at home. Sadly my photo did not show the can up well. According to the can these Bears are "Ursus Americanus". Among the details on the can is, It ia essential that we preserve the black bears' habitat as they can't live without wooded areas, fresh water streams, and an abundance of wildlife. Remember if you see any bears in the wild, DO NOT GO NEAR THEM! they are wild animals! Treat them with respect AND BE CAREFUL!. Good advice if we are lucky enough to get to Canada. Joining Melody at" The House on the Side of the Hill" for Teddy bears Picnic.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Very good advice! Those bears are big, fast and hungry! Hope yours is better behaved. He does look rather cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Canadian bear! :-) I should have looked out mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosalie, It's lovely to see you and your Canadian Bear on the picnic especially as I haven't been able to catch up in person. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you joined in the picnic. I can show you my bears on Weds. Happy dance that we can leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Canadian bear , how cute he is and good words of advice I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable! So glad you let him out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your black bear is gorgeous and I am so glad you let him out of that can....bet he was glad! Such a fantastic idea to promote the care of Canada's wild bears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't comment on your Tuesdays Treasures so I am doing it on this one. I agree and your simple treats are beautiful. I can taste that bread. Yum! Wonderful Treasures.

    ReplyDelete