Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Been busy

My poor little Janome was making some very funny noises and not sewing so well..... after a good clean, taking out the compacted fluff it was a much happier little machine. I know, I hang my head in shame and vow to clean both machines more often.

Had a class in Wandong and this was the result.Looks more complicated than it is and thanks to Annika for starting this ball rolling. She made a couple at retreat and we all loved them so jumped on the bandwagon.

This really is so easy and while these don't look as stuning I think they still work and they use up some more of my fabric. The very pink one will go to IQ once it's quilted.These were made over the weekend, just need a couple of small borders.

I have also been prctising my fmq on a baby quilt for DH's nephew and his wife who expect baby no 3 in Nov. Loving how it's turning out. I was 4 inches from finishing one border last night when we lost power so I sewed in a few thread ends by candle and torchlight. Not easy , those pioneer women were amazing. Off to finish the last two borders on the baby quilt and then I can start on another... a niece is expecting in Feb. Plenty of time.

4 comments:

  1. Lol! You will be speeding along now! Wow that quilt looks amazing. What a pain to lose power when you were really getting going....looks great! Definitely makes you think about all those lovely quilts made by candlelight doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, my machine had a similar problem a while back. That blue quilt is stunning. Your little ones look great too...love the baby quilt, it would be very hard to sew by candle light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz. Wow your quilt top is awesome,love it and boy you are doing a good job on your FMQ well done my friend. Hey your second comment is a spammer,you might want to delete it. Gee you have reminded me that I need to give my machine a clean as well xx

    ReplyDelete