Monday, July 23, 2018

Angela Walters FMQ challenge

I took this quilt to retreat in May to get the top ready, only to discover that I had cut the triangles around the squares incorrectly. If I'd used them the way they were... 15 of the coloured squares would have gone one way and one the other. This has been made using scraps so the triangles were cut from the backing of my candlewicked quilt, which is a tone on tone. I knew I had used every last bit so no more could be cut. The only solution was to flip them so the back became the front and vice versa. I'm an idiot but it's not that noticeable. This is the quilt used in Angela Walter's free motion quilt challenge so I dutifully quilted each block as she showed on the you tube videos.

This square is my favourite.... paisley meanders in half and straight(cough) in the other half. I also did feathers around these blocks.., so two rows with feathers and two with again straight(cough) lines or dot to dot.

Another close up of some of the blocks. Overall I am pretty chuffed with myself and the quilting, feel much more confident to tackle FMQ now. The recipient of this doesn't quilt and hopefully will love it. Now to tackle the next butterfly quilt and the list goes on.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Liz beautiful work my friend ,i cant see anything wrong and you got yourself out of a pickle,i also love your FMQ on it,you are very clever my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great to me. Well done finding a solution xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the knowledge. Looks great to me. Well done finding a solution xx









    เหตุการณ์สำคัญที่โลกต้องจดจำ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Liz. Hope you will do more FMQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great...a fun happy quilt...well done on the free motion, impressed with all the different patterns you've incorporated, do I spy a butterfly or two?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful Liz, well done, always have to be inventive when you are quilting! Was wonderful to catch up with you yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete