Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Block 3 and the panel is done

The cot panel is quilted and actually given to my friend Nancy who runs "Inspirational Quilts" Very happy with how it turned out

There are butterflies on the elephant...

..and I used the Westerlee rulers for the border...making sure it went behind the alligator's tail. That took some working out but overall I am happy with the way the border looks. Oh yes and if you hadn't already spotted the price tag from the last post, this little beauty cost $1.00 from the op shop. No wonder Rosalie couldn't leave it behind.

Block 3 Razz a dazzle. This came together so quickly and I love it.

Close up of the embroidery.

This is the finished top of whirlygig by Emma Jean Jansen. Once quilted I know who is getting this one so that makes me happy. In hindsight I wish I had put all the green blocks on one side and all the cream ones on the other, so swapped top left and bottom right. Ah well next time.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Liz wow awesome quilt ,glad Rosalie grabbed it for you,love the butterflies on the elephant. Love your Razz a dazzle block ,such beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt. Love Razzle Dazzle and your Whirlygig x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes Liz!
    Love the dazzle dazzle blocks, such pretty stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently become a convert of panels... they are lovely and I love how you quilted it... Razz is just gorgeous and whirlygig is great fun too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whirlygig looks great Liz... and such good work on the panel quilt too, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting on the panel - all that unpicking and a bit of love has sure made it a gift to treasure for someone. Also, it goes without saying how much I envy your beautiful stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Liz...love the Razz a dazzle....so pretty. Looks like you are making good use of your new tools xx


    กำถั่ว

    ReplyDelete