Monday, October 9, 2017

Catching up

The quilt show was in town... Brisbane that is and I flew up and joined these lovely ladies for a day shopping and gazing at some amazing quilts. So good to catch up with Michelle and to meet Fiona (Bubz rugz) and Jeanette. I was very circumspect in my buying as I knew I had limited weight to bring back to Melbourne. Great day ladies Thanks.

You know how I love butterflies.

Freedom to fly, Rosalie.

Hexies... can't go past them,

Fell in love with this one but know I will never do anything like it.

We all know who this is. So striking in it's simplicity , yep the dark areas are just dots!

Striking combination of colours.

Bit out of order but these are my September Dear Jane blocks. Gold star Andrea???

Rosette 10 a , Millefiore quilt along.

Back to Qld. I said to Fiona that I wouldn't get to Toowoomba to the Quilters Angel which is why I had to see their stall at the show. Thursday DD2 says" why don't we drive to Toowoomba? " so we did and I visited the Quilter's Angel in it's village green setting. Ate lunch at a cafe on the other side of the green. Beautiful.

The real reason I went up to Brisbane. DD2 lives there and I only see her every 3 months or so. Must admit it was a good excuse to visit the show as well though.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Liz ,so glad you got to catch up with the girls and how nice to spend some time with your lovely daughter.
    Love those quilts they are amazing,hope you are having a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to spend the day with you Liz. So glad you got to go up the mountain to QA. Love your blocks....clever girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. was so fun to meet you and have some play time with the quilts together..... Its great that you have an excellent reason to visit Brissie every now and then....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jane and Milleflori are both insanity style quilts you know!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen pictures of some stunning quilts at that show - must have been amazing to see them 'in the flesh!' xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing to visit your daughter and of course the show. Great to see you get to the Quilters angel store. I remember getting there many years ago.
    Well done with getting your Dear Janes done. I'd better get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice you got to meetup with some of the girls...... All lovely.....great quilts and glad you got some time with your daughter........ It's very hard when they live a long way away......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Liz, so glad you met up with all the Gals.
    Loved seeing the beautiful Quilts especially the butterflies and Birds.
    Also seeing H looking so Happy, how lovely to get to Toowoomba.
    did you come down the Mountain to get back? Good fun aye.
    See you soon R

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilts are amazing Liz... so good to catch up with friends & meet a new one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful time away Liz, great to meet up with Michelle and Fiona and the ladies. There are many beautiful quilts on display. Your Dear Jane blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great trip Liz especially seeing your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I missed this blog entry - am catching up now - a terrific post, and yes, you do get gold stars! :)

    ReplyDelete