Monday, August 14, 2017

August Perpetually hexie

Here is the next wreath in the perpetually hexie quilt. I got a bit behind and made a bad choice with a couple of the colours but I ain't doing it again. Looking at the photo it looks a bit like it's not quite centred but again it's staying as is. 

I found out a couple of days ago that the person organising our Dear Jane challenge isn't going to continue running it but as we are all fairly experienced sewers I think we can get the quilt done. Thanks to Maree for all the hard work she put in up to this stage. 
I decided that I would try doing my blocks, as per the challenge, 4 at a time( I can just go as fast as I want) Here are the next 4 that I decided to do. I am using one particular beige in alternate blocks so I am going to do all the ones that need that fabric so I can hopefully use it in the border triangles as well. I have about 3 metres and want to make sure it goes the distance.

This is my finished Hunter's Star. I am soooo happy with this, love the way it is looking and I think it has a bit of movement to it. Still not sure if it needs a border  but I am leaning towards not.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Liz wow all your blocks are fantastic and i love your Hunter's Star,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Hunters star colours. Good work with your Dear Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your Hunters Star looks amazing!! The Dear Jane blocks look great too, good luck with continuing the sewing, I am sure you will have no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Hunters Star quilt! Your hexie block looks just fine to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liz, any chance you can tell me the last 8 blocks you have done and also write them on your blog so I can keep track easier.
    I have just finished the ones for April. On to Mays now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those hunters stars... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, this is a very inspiring and wonderful post - truly beautiful work on all 3 projects. Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete