Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June PH and could this be a new obsession?

Rosette 3 of the Millefiore quilt a long with Katje...

June perpetually hexie with Katje. First lot of triangles I cut at 2" only to read the instructions to find they should have been 2 1/2 " . Love this block. Will link with Anthea at Hibiscus stitching for her EPP party.

Some more of my Dear Jane blocks. Top right I think may need redoing as it's a wee bit dark. Will think about it and see how it looks in the whole quilt.Up to date so 68 blocks down and counting!

My Fancy Forest quilt. Got all 4 borders on, then unpicked them all as the quilt bubbled. I fixed a couple of blocks and then resewed the borders( properly) but it's still got a bit of a crease in the firefly but after quilting I think I can disguise that.

A couple of weeks ago I went to hear Michele Hill talk about her Beatrix Potter journey. Was NOT going to buy the book..... but it snuck into my bag and I have started 4 of the embroideries just to while away the time. Think I need to finish a few projects though. Wonderful day all round and I am so glad I got the book.

Yesterday, being Queen's birthday public holiday I, with 2 others, visited Marina who showed Rosalie, Karin and me the wonders of clamshells without the use of papers. All 3 of use were excited by the ease of this and the speed..... a new obsession I feel, and hopefully a way of getting rid of scraps. Mind you Rosalie has some purples that I may like so ...... Another great day M , company wonderful, sewing amazing( Caswell is amazing) and thanks for the great teach!

10 comments:

  1. Your critters look great.... A friend made one at the chookshed party.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your projects are lovely. I especially like Dear Jane and the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great work. Love the colours in your fancy forest..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz.,wow your work is amazing,I love all your projects,have fun with your new book xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your EPP is beautiful and I love your clamshells. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Liz. That book would have come home with me too....huge Beatrix Potter fan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots happening at your house, love the animals quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Liz, you have some gorgeous projects happening here... Millefiore is looking beautiful, and well done on your patience in correcting those issues with Fancy Forest, you don't want to have regrets!
    Thanks for linking up with PYT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of loveliness to look at, you are so clever!
    Great progress on your clamshells.. a lovely new addiction.
    Does that make me a dealer?
    Thanks again for my useful giftie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Liz, you are making quick progress! Looking great there, well done x

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete