Monday, January 18, 2016

One block wonder done.

So after a few days of sewing a row at a time together, so saving the arm and back from "soreness", I put the finishing touches to this quilt on Saturday.I am really pleased with the way it has turned out.... the cream and rust fabric were left overs from other quilts but matched the main fabric perfectly so it has been totally made with fabrics from the stash. I had bought 3 lots of fabric for the class with Karin and Annika so that was just waiting to be made. I also used every hexie that I made.

I cut out the red fabric for another one yesterday so stayed tuned... they are all ready orientated and ready to sew but I really really have to set my mind to quilting a cot panel. I changed my mind about making a baby quilt for DH's relative and as Spotlight had cot panels on special I decided on that instead. Much happier with the decision as being in the sunny state maybe a quilt wouldn't be too appreciated.

Keep cool all those in Victoria, this heatwave has to come to an end.

7 comments:

  1. Wow fantastic finish Liz!
    You have put the hexies together beautifully
    Roll on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish on your one block wonder. Did you have a good day with Kris....
    Hopefully this year I might get mine done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, Liz!!! This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great Liz. love those colours.
    See you Friday.
    R.

    ReplyDelete