Wednesday, November 19, 2014

This and that

DD2 decided to make a quilt for a friend when she heard that said friend was getting married. This is the result and it was presented with much fanfare and received with great delight on Sunday. My friend with triplets quilted it for me while I kept the boys busy. DD2 did do about 70% of it but left the long seams and binding to me. I know R and S will use it and be happy wrapped in my daughter's love.

DH's niece turns 18 today and I offered a quilt for a present. When I asked what her favourite colour was the response was" lime green" I hate green and was not impressed but as that was what she asked for this is the resulting quilt. GJ's was the choice of shop for the fat quarters required(13 in all) and as you can see there is some lime green in it! Not sure when it will be delivered so I hope she likes it.

This is my second block that is for the Kilmore Quilters raffle quilt. I am so glad it is done and this will be handed over tonight and I can breathe again. Didn't realise the petals were so small so they aren't as curved as I would like however it is done.

I belong to a 12" and 6" block swap and have decided to pull out of them both. Life has got on top of me and I think I need to rediscover who I am so next year is for me so these are the last two 6" blocks that are heading to a nearby suburb in the next few days. I may hand deliver them, not sure yet.
On a positive note, DD2 has a Bachelor of Nursing degree and is starting at a nearby hospital in Feb as a grad nurse. Very proud of her achievement,It's been a long battle but she made it. 

4 comments:

  1. Both DD2's quilt and your "lime green" (my favorite color too!!) quilts are fabulous!! Your flower is block is wonderful - you are much braver than me!! I still haven't even thought about (well, maybe I thought about it) doing an applique flower!! I love it, sorry you have to give it away!! And finally, DD2 is starting at a NEARBY hospital?? Give me the news!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done to H on the great wedding quilt, such a cherished gift and well done to obtaining her grad position. Hope it was the one she wanted!
    Your niece's quilt looks great and love your applique block. I am sure you have been stressing about it but it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are lovely and well done working out of your comfort zone. Your applique block is gorgeous. Big congrats to your daughter. Great effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Liz, on all counts, great Quilts, your raffle Quilt block looks lovely, and to top it off we are so happy for that sweet nurse, she has worked so hard for this, well done and congratulations H.
    Hugs all round R.

    ReplyDelete