I have started to sew my hexie flowers from The Inchy Hexie flowers swap together. It is a far more daunting task than I had thought it would be.I think I need over 500 pathway hexies and of course the fabric I had would only yield about 480 hebce the darker green in there. As some of the flowers are in memory of my beautiful son, Christopher, DD2 has decided that she would like the quilt when it's finished.So far I have 4 rows out of 12 joined so she may get it for Christmas!
This lovely parcel of diecut AHHH's arrived on Monday from Tonya of Hillbilly Handiworks and these have become......
... these. I have managed to sew 5 of the 10 that I bought and have to hurry before the next lot arrive. Tonya has made these little darlings so much easier having them diecut, they go together so well and you don't have to draw them out and then use scissors to cut them out. Easy with big pieces not so easy with little pieces. If the drawing up etc was putting you off doing these, hop on over to Tonya's blog andgrab some already cut then the biggest problem is working out where each colour goes and what fabric to use! Mine is going to be very scrappy maybe using fabric from all the other quilts I have made.The bottom one is from a quilt I have made for my boss... more on that later.
This is the story so far. I counted and with the latest 5 I have the grand total of 45 AHHH"s . Now this will be another challenge to join together.