Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The next installment

As I have been away I had two months of IceCream Soda blocks to do when I got home. One month....

second month. I now have 4 rows done. Obviously I can't join them till all are done as some of the colours may clash but that is the progress so far!

A friend from dancing is going to be a grandmother in August so I did this panel for her grandy. Mainly followed the outlines but the pram has some wishbones and the borders have some FMQ thanks to inspiration from Angela Walters.

This is a kit I bought in Skagway, Alaska. We saw hummingbirds in Butchart Gardens Victoria, and as they represent DD2's donor they hold a special place in my heart. So beautiful seeing them in real life.

This I bought in Juneau ,Alaska... when we saw Glacier Bay all I could think was, this is my quilt. Hope I can do it justice. There is a panel with a bald eagle flying and that is in there. We did see a lot of them so these are my memories of a fabulous trip to Canada and Alaska.

Quilt labels from Skagway and Whale's Tail shop in Ketchikan. Not sure how I'll use them but they had to come home with me.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your soda blocks and your new souvenir projects are great, can't wait to see your progress on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks. Lots of lovely projects to remind you of you special holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice cream soda blocks are lovely......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sewing to go on with and remember your travels

    ReplyDelete